Sunday, May 18, 2008

You can run but you can't hide...

So this weekend I am on my way to my mother's house and have to stop for gas. Now, mind you, pumping gas has become my least favorite thing to do - I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that its almost $4.00 a gallon and that I drive an SUV...but I digress... So I'm pumping gas and I suddenly hear someone shouting my name. Stupid me - I look around to see it's one of my patients...she's waving and yelling at me from her car and asking me to "wait a minute!" She comes over and wants to know if her medication is ready. (What? Are you @#$!% kidding me?) I should have run...

Not to long ago I was shopping in jewelry for some beads for my daughter when a woman comes up behind me and says, "Excuse me...I was supposed to get a refund on my prescription. Is it ready?" (What the @#$%! Are you kidding me?) So I say, "I don't know, why don't you go over to the pharmacy and see." She says, "But aren't you the pharmacist?" I can't help myself, "No, not right at this moment. Right now I'm a mommy shopping for beads for her daughter." She said I was rude. I should have run...

Another day I was shopping in my home town at a store that belongs to the chain I work for. I get stopped in the chip aisle by a man who recognizes me. The pharmacy is closed and he'd like me to dose his daughter on Tylenol. I casually apologize and say that I don't have a calculator with me...he pulls one out of his fanny pack. (Are you @#$%! kidding me! Crap!!!) I should have run...

Amazing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... moments like those are why I avoid going pretty much anywhere locally on my day off....

Pharmacy God said...

Ever think that pharmacy should be set to music? Some cheezy 80s Flock of Seagulls song



I run..... I should have run away

And I run.... I could not get away

I couldn't get away






I know, it's not the exact words, but you get my point.